Recent publications & Research awards
Students, staff, and faculty in the Department of Atmospheric Sciences have completed many research papers and faculty have garnered research grants from many sources. Here is a recent sample.
- Title: Evaluation of IMERG-E Precipitation Estimates for Fire Weather Applications in Alaska
- Authors: Taylor A. Gowan ohn D. Horel
- Publication: Wea. Forecasting (2020) 35 (5): 1831–1843.
- Link: https://doi.org/10.1175/WAF-D-20-0023.1
- Title: Incorporating a Canopy Parameterization within a Coupled Fire-Atmosphere Model to Improve a Smoke Simulation for a Prescribed Burn
- Authors: Derek V. Mallia ,Adam K. Kochanski ,Shawn P. Urbanski ,Jan Mandel ,Angel Farguell andSteven K. Krueger
- Publication: Atmosphere 2020, 11(8), 832
- Link: https://doi.org/10.3390/atmos11080832
- Title: The Association of Media and Environmental Variables with Transit Ridership
- Authors: Daniel L. Mendoza ,Martin P. Buchert,Tabitha M. Benney and John C. Lin
- Publication: Vehicles 2020, 2(3), 507-522;
- Link: https://doi.org/10.3390/vehicles2030028